Quantum Wealth Summary
- The pharmaceutical industry offers fast potential growth and defensive characteristics.
- Healthcare sector stocks in the US have grown 47% over the last three years — and there could be more to come.
- We see tailwinds for this industry in developed markets with ageing populations. Pharmaceuticals can offer high margins and an abnormal return on capital.
- In this report, we compare two companies with unique propositions. Could breakthroughs in research and development speed up growth?
- As a bonus: we also reveal our Weekly Top 5 Quantum Trends. These are the most impactful global opportunities that we are currently watching this week.
Had you bought BioNTech [NASDAQ:BNTX] stock before the pandemic, you’d have done rather well.
In early March 2020, when Covid-19 was spreading around the world and travel was being suspended, BioNTech’s share price sat at around US $30.
By August 2021, when the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had established itself as one of the most widely used vaccines, the BioNTech share price hit $389.
A 1,300% return in just over a year.
This demonstrates the power of an emerging pharmaceutical business. When R&D leads to a product that meets a need. And gets approval.
Patents on such products may serve to protect that intellectual property for up to 20 years.
I covered BioNTech’s story and potential future back in April. You can access that in our Exclusive Members Area.