Plexure Group Limited [NZX:PLX] has benefited from a bullish announcement today, seeing its share price surge by over 8%.
Plexure is a mobile-engagement software company headquartered in Auckland. It provides a marketing platform for brands looking to carry out personalised campaigns to cement customer loyalty.
The company’s share price is currently $1.31, and its market capitalisation is $171.26 million.
Why has the [NZX:PLX] share price risen?
Plexure is currently enjoying a rising tide of optimistic sentiment.
An announcement today indicates a potentially positive direction for the business.
Here are the key highlights:
- Plexure is considering the possibility of venturing across the Tasman to list on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- This could involve the company moving its primary listing away from New Zealand Stock Exchange.
- The immediate advantage is the ability to tap into more liquidity in a larger marketplace.
Plexure stated in its press release:
‘As the company requires significant capital for its next phase of growth, investigations into a move to the ASX are based on capital availability and support for technology companies like Plexure.’
This comes on the back of other positive news for Plexure this year:
- Financial performance is up significantly compared to 2019.
- The company has a net profit of just over $1 million, with a revenue of $25.5m.
- The partnership between Plexure and McDonald’s Corp [NYSE: MCD] continues to go from strength to strength. McDonald’s previously purchased a 9.9% stake in Plexure in April 2019.
- Plexure has added several key customers to its expanding international roster. This includes legendary American burger chain White Castle, as well as Super Indo, one of Indonesia’s leading supermarkets.
Where could [NZX:PLX] go from here?
We previously recommended Plexure as part of our Small-Cap Speculator service — where our subscribers enjoyed a 300% capital-growth return between December 2018 and July 2019.
However, despite the positivity, it’s important to note that this company remains relatively small and risky.
Our analysis indicates:
- Plexure has just transitioned from a loss of $700,000 in 2019 to a current net profit of $1 million.
- It only has a small cash reserve of $14 million on hand.
- Plexure’s current price-to-earnings ratio is overvalued — 167.61x compared to the software industry average of 39.3x.
- The proposed move from the NZX to the ASX is just speculation at this time. Given the difficult economic climate, the transition may or may not happen.
Plexure is an intriguing tech investment in this climate.
It represents both risk and opportunity as the world struggles to claw its way out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The coming weeks and months will be crucial to Plexure’s health as it seeks to expand its client base amidst this uncertain economic climate.
In our view, there could be other investments that could give you a better balance of risk with growth and income potential. You can discover these global opportunities by subscribing to our Inner Circle Newsletter.
Analyst, Wealth Morning